Are you a Disabled person, or do you care for a Disabled person, who lives in Hartcliffe or Withywood?
Parks aren’t always accessible for Disabled people and their carers. We want to change that and would like you to help us.
We are starting with Hartcliffe Millennium Green in Bristol.
We are testing a new way for Disabled pe
ople, and carers to look at their local park and think about how it can be better for them. We will use this to make a toolkit, which is a set of instructions anyone can pick up and use.
We are looking for 15 local Disabled people and carers
We are looking for 15 Disabled people, and carers, who live near Hartcliffe Millennium Green.
We are looking for people with a range of impairments. We would like to hear from people with the following impairments, and from carers who care for people with the following impairments:
- Physical impairments and limited mobility (for example wheelchair users),
- Sensory impairments (for example visual impairments, hearing impairments and d/Deaf people),
- People with mental health problems,
- People with learning difficulties/disabilities,
- Neurodiverse people,
Other things to know
- The project will run from November 2023 to March 2024
- You will be asked to do 10 hours total which will include in-person or virtual workshops, visiting the park and a community presentation event
- There is payment of £20 per hour in vouchers
- We will ask you about your disability so that we make the project as accessible as possible
This project is being led by Colin & Emma who are both Disabled people who live in or near Bristol.
Get in touch by Email:
Get in touch by Phone:
You can download an information pack that gives some more details on the project and what you can expect. If you have any other questions please let us know.
Let us know if you would like to take part:
You can contact Colin or Emma, details below, and they will be happy to share some more details.
Contact information can be found above.